The Kitsap Water Trails Festival will be happening in the park the same weekend. Please stay and enjoy the music and vendors after the regatta. There is plenty of street parking, but carpooling is advised. The earlier you arrive, the closer you will be to the action. Parking at the boat launch has been reserved for the canoe trailers and safety boat.
Directions & Parking:
- Silverdale Waterfront Park, Silverdale WA Google Maps.
- From SR-3 take the NW Newberry Hill Road exit and turn east (down the hill) towards the water
- At the round-about take the 2nd exit onto Silverdale Way NW then turn right onto NW Byron Street
- Canoe trailers and Timmy - turn right at McConnell Ave into the boat launch parking and rigging area.
- Additional street parking available - please do not double-park in the cul-de-sac (the cops get upset when we do!)
Schedule & Facts:
- 7:00 a.m. - Registration in the gazebo.
- 7:30 a.m. - Coach's & Steerer's Meeting near the gazebo.
- 8:00 a.m. - First OC-6 race.
- Race fees per event: $5.00 per adult paddler / $1 per paddler for 16 and under events.
- Insurance fee: $3.20 per paddler covers liability premium to race all day.
- The Hui Heihei Wa’a Sprint Regatta is sanctioned by PNW-ORCA and insured by Paddlesport Risk Management, LLC (PRM).
- Race rules and regulations are in accordance with PNW-ORCA and PRM.
- All paddlers must have signed waivers on file with PNW-ORCA releasing the host club and the association of liability.
- Al paddlers or their guardians must also sign the PRM event waiver for that day. Extra forms will be available on site.
- Events may be combined wherever possible and appropriate to save time.
- All canoes must be equipped with life vests and whistles and weighed in accordance with PNW-ORCA rules.
- Each event will start approximately 5 minutes after the last canoe from the previous event reaches the beach.
- Awards for the top 3 clubs in both divisions will be presented at the end of the day (AA:20+ events; A:less than 20 events)
- Paddlers must wear adequate foot protection as the beach is tidal and rocky
- Cradles or tires to protect canoes are necessary
- Tides: High: 5:02 AM 12.4 ft; Low: 12:31 PM -3.4 ft; High: 7:29 PM 129 ft
- DO NOT use stakes to secure tents or canopies (due to underground sprinkler system).
Lodging & Entertainment:
- For questions, contact Pat Brown @ 360-620-0317 or Laurie Aardal @ 360-621-6136 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org