Directions & Parking:
- Silverdale Waterfront Park, Silverdale WA Google Maps.
- From SR-3 take the NW Newberry Hill Road exit and turn east (down the hill) towards the water
- At the round-about take the 2nd exit onto Silverdale Way NW then turn right onto NW Byron Street
- Canoe trailers and official's boat trailers - turn right at McConnell Ave into the boat launch parking and rigging area.
- There is a parking lot and plenty of street parking however carpooling is advised. Please do not double park in the traffic circle as the Sherriff writes tickets when we do. Parking at the boat launch is for canoe trailers and safety boats only.
- Race fees per event: $36 per adult OC6 crew / $6 per keiki OC6 crew / $6 per V1 or OC1 paddler
- Insurance fee: $3.30 per paddler covers liability premium to race all day
- Please make checks payable to “HHW”; cash gladly accepted
- 7:00 a.m. - Registration in the gazebo
- 7:30 a.m. - Coach & Steerering Meeting in the gazebo
- 8:00 a.m. - First OC-6 race
- The Hui Heihei Wa’a Sprint Regatta is sanctioned by PNW-ORCA and insured by Paddlesport Risk Management, LLC (PRM)
- Race rules and regulations are in accordance with PNW-ORCA and PRM
- All paddlers must have signed waivers on file with PNW-ORCA releasing the host club and the association of liability
- All paddlers or their guardians must also sign the PRM event waiver for that day; extra forms will be available on site
- All canoes must be equipped with life vests, whistles, and weighed in accordance with PNW-ORCA rules
- Each event starts approximately 5 minutes after the last canoe from the previous event reaches the beach
- 250 meter race course
- Events may be combined wherever possible and appropriate to save time
- Kupuna Master Coed (60) & Sr. Master Coed (50) events added
- No V1 events
- Ribbons awarded to top 3 finishers for Novice and all keiki events
- Awards for the top 3 clubs in both divisions will be presented at the end of the day; AA (20+ events); A (19 or less events).
- Paddlers must wear adequate foot protection as the beach is tidal and rocky in plces
- Cradles or tires to protect canoes are necessary
- Tides: 11:25am -0.3' Low Tide; 6:05pm 10.9' High Tide
- DO NOT use stakes to secure tents or canopies (due to underground sprinkler system).
- Plate lunches available for purchase from Island Grindz food truck.